PPNA Seeking Two Board Members
PPNA is a growing neighborhood organization that tackles a broad range of issues: livability, smart growth, community & economic Development, sustainability and arts, as well as annual keystone events in the park: the Fourth of July fireworks celebration and the Powderhorn Art Fair.
We are looking for energetic, strategically-minded leaders to help PPNA and this neighborhood thrive.
PPNA works to enhance the quality of life in the Powderhorn Park neighborhood by facilitating community engagement, embracing a diversity of voices, and fostering economic and community development. Be a part of this important mission!
Director Requirements & Duties
– Two Year Term (May serve up to six years total)
– Board members must be 16 years or older and live, work and/or own property in the Powderhorn Park neighborhood
– Monthly Board Meetings – Second Thursday of Each Month (6:30 8:30 pm)
– Serve on a committee and volunteer for community events
- Board Retreat (September) & Board Orientation (October)
– Make a financial donation to PPNA which is meaningful based your family’s budget
Join the PPNA Board of Directors – Rewarding, Skill Building & Leadership Development Why Should YOU Consider Serving?
1. As a new member, you will serve with a dynamic, enthusiastic, committed group of 11 other volunteers and staff members who work hard on behalf of this neighborhood.
2. Joining the board will connect you more tightly with this neighborhood and give you the chance to develop new skills while providing valuable direction to the course of PPNA work.
3. By serving on the PPNA Board, you will have the opportunity to shape the future of the Powderhorn Park neighborhood. The PPNA Board meets once a month for most of the year. Also Board members serve on PPNA committees and help with PPNA events and activities.
4. You have good ideas, skills and energy to share to make PPNA an even stronger organization.